Have you been looking forward to easy travelling and optimum cruising experience on your bike but in style? A lowrider bike is your saviour. The best comfort bikes have an upright figure that will put you in a relaxed riding position that won’t put a gratuitous strain on your reverse, shoulders, and wrists.
A lowrider bicycle is a modified design that originated from low-rider cars. It first appeared in California, and Schwinn was the first company to manufacture and launch the first lowrider bike, also called the muscle bike, named Schwinn Sting-Ray. This bike gained so much attention that it almost put the rest of the bicycle models by Schwinn company only out of business for a while. A whole community is crazy about getting their lowrider bicycles customised with luxury accessories. Still, most of them cannot be used to ride, as the pedal is placed so low for the aesthetic appeal that it touches the ground if you try to ride it. The functional lowrider bikes community is enormous and still going strong for generations.
Lowrider bikes are often mixed with the meaning of beach cruiser bikes or limo bikes. You can count beach cruiser bikes as a type of lowrider bike. The low-rider bike is a model with a lower-than-usual saddle and handles, and a paddle placed such that you don’t have to fold your hands and legs to ride them around and, therefore, more blood circulation. To have a better experience in riding, you will require high knowledge in choosing the best saddle.
- 1 Top 7 Lowrider Bike For Travelling
- 1.1 Micargi Hero 20 Beach Cruiser
- 1.2 Lowrider Bike: Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Thru Lowrider
- 1.3 Firmstrong Urban Deluxe Men’s Stretch Cruiser
- 1.4 Lowrider Bike: Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Lowrider
- 1.5 Lowrider Bike: Kent Men’s SeaChange 26
- 1.6 Lowrider Bike: Electra Cruiser 1
- 1.7 Sixthreezero Men’s in The Barrel Beach Cruiser Bicycle
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Top 7 Lowrider Bike For Travelling
Please keep reading to find out the best low-rider bikes on the market.
Micargi Hero 20 Beach Cruiser
Micargi is pretty decent in their lowrider bicycle game, but this 20-inch Micargi Hero 20 Beach Cruiser lowrider has to be the most appealing lowrider. The features give you a vintage and stylish look while riding it. It also includes banana seats for comfort.
The focus features are as follows:
- You guessed it, it has only one speed, and that’s a sign of a classic lowrider.
- Contains one piece crank alloy rims 36H
- Available in beautiful colours like- Pink, purple, Baby blue and turquoise.
- Spring end fork
- High-rise chrome handle (a must)
- Comfortable banana seat.
- A steel frame body in chopper design for bikes.
- 20-inches wheel size.
- Coaster brakes
Buy: Micargi Hero 20 Beach Cruiser
Lowrider Bike: Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Thru Lowrider
If you are looking for a low-maintenance, simple cruiser bike, Electra Cruiser 1 step-through lowrider is the one for you. The designers focused on making it comfortable and sturdy at the same time. Everything is low maintenance and minimum effort, from assembling this bike to changing gears to enjoying cruising. Let’s see the critical features of Electra cruiser 1 step-thru lowrider.
- Unisex cruiser lowrider bike.
- 26-inch wheels.
- Coaster brakes.
- Weights about 35-36 lbs.
- Suitable for all heights, any age group from teenagers to senior bikers can easily ride.
- Ultra low maintenance.
- The 1 gear of this bike is perfect for its weight.
- Available in attractive colours.
- Has an elastomer saddle, which is extremely comfortable.
- Wide retro runner tires.
- 2:1 gear ratio.
See Also: Best Bike Locks To Get In 2023 | Top 5 Picks
Buy: Electra Cruiser 1 step thru lowrider
Firmstrong Urban Deluxe Men’s Stretch Cruiser
Firmstrong urban deluxe men’s stretch cruiser is a chopper-style beach men’s lowrider bicycle. Some also consider this bike the true definition of a lowrider bike on the market. It has a vintage vibe to it with just the right amount of chrome to still be considered simple. Let’s get into the features, shall we?
- Stretched frame for vintage design
- Forward pedals for optimum leg space.
- Springer fork front end
- High spoke count in the wheels
- Single speed is a classic.
- One gear
- Single brake
- Available in black colour
- A sturdy alloy frame
- 26 inches wheels
Buy: Firmstrong urban deluxe men’s stretch cruiser
Lowrider Bike: Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Lowrider
Sixthreezero bike is back at it again; they have made it their life mission to make commuting easy, fast, comfortable and stylish. Its gearing, design, saddle, and looks are winners among customers. Let’s look into the features to understand what is this hype about:
- Smooth Shimano gears
- Range of pastel colour options
- Easy assembly with an even easier-to-follow the user manual
- Feels great on your back with its low saddle.
- Caters to all heights
- Weights 38 lbs
- The front tire size is 26 inches, and the back tire size is 24 inches.
- Has V-brakes
- Perfect for beginners
- Has 7 gears
- The frame is made of aluminium or steel
Buy: Sixthreezero EVRYjourney lowrider
Lowrider Bike: Kent Men’s SeaChange 26
Kent Men’s Seachange 26 is perfect for those who like to bike lowriders. It is a perfect mixture of classic design and modern techniques. This bike is suitable for cruisers with excellent seat comfort and sleek design. Let us see the features:
- 26 inches front tires and 24 inches back tires
- Available in subtle grey colours
- Adjustable seat, rare in lowrider bikes.
- 1 speed
- Frame made of steel
- Coaster brakes
- Has a kickstand
- Includes plastic pedals
- Pocket friendly
Lowrider Bike: Electra Cruiser 1
The first look of this highly stylish, black lowrider gives the perfect mixture of classic design and modern design in bikes. The looks are said to be muscular, but anyone uses it with grace as it is a unisex bicycle. Kudos o the Electra team for simultaneously making this bike comfortable and low maintenance. These are the best bikes low riders can find for cruising, no mountains, no rough roads, just peaceful cruising. Let us dive into the features, shall we?
- Simple matt black design
- 26-inch wheels
- Weighs about 37 lbs.
- Has powerful coaster brakes
- Single speed
- No suspension
- Sturdy steel frame
- Design geometry allows comfort while riding.
- 2:1 gear ratio
- Caters to heights from 5 feet to 6 feet 2 inches adult
- Elastomer saddle
- Easy to mount and dismount
Buy: Electra Cruiser 1
Sixthreezero Men’s in The Barrel Beach Cruiser Bicycle
Again, another multi-speed and multi-us bike by sixthreezero. Read this article to figure out how to pump up your bike tyres. Design, features, comfort, everything speaks for itself. Let’s see the key features:
- The wheel size is 22.3 inches
- 18-inch extended frame
- Front and rear handbrakes
- 21-speed Shimano Tourney
- Smooth gear shifts with Shimano Nexus
- Wide and comfortable saddle
- Dual spring suspension
- Wide handles
- Comfortable and soft leather grips
Buy: Sixthreezero Men’s in The Barrel Beach Cruiser Bicycle
What is the low-rider bicycle?
Lowrider bikes are bicycles or motorbikes with a lower seat, high-rise handle, and more leg space for optimal comfort while cruising through your favourite landscape. The stretched design and frame give it a vintage appearance. There are various different kinds of lowrider bikes other than the original definition.
Are chopper bikes also fall under lowrider bikes?
Yes, chopper-style bikes can also be counted under lowrider bikes.
How much will I have to spend on a customised lowrider bike?
According to an online lowrider bike customer service, it starts anywhere from $2000 to $3000. But your cost will differ depending on the types and complexity of customisations you would like in your bike. Sometimes, vintage shops cost more than newer ones.
Are beach cruiser bikes similar to lowrider bikes?
The design can be similar, but the beach cruiser bikes' tyes and frames are designed to be easily ridden upon sand or beach.
I hope this article gave you enough excellent lowrider bikes to choose from for your precious unwind leisure time after work. If you are a lowrider bikes fanatic, you can get your functional lowrider bikes customised to your taste via unlimited online shops and a few classic customers who do not provide online services.
See Also: How To Choose A Bicycle? The Ultimate Bicycle Buying Guide
Justin has previously written about cars and motorcycles for The Drive, Autotrader Oversteer, and Right Foot Down, among others. He is a connoisseur of weird old Japanese motorcycles but currently rides a common Kawasaki KLR 650. Justin considers the best place he has ever ridden to be Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. He is currently building a camper van to bring his motorcycle to even more interesting places. He is still looking for his lost TARDIS.