Are you someone who travels? And often find yourself asking what to should do with your bikes? Or someone moving across the country? Who doesn’t know how to move their favorite bikes? Well, in that case, we got you sorted. How? Because today we will cover the best hitch bike racks of 2023.
The best hitch-mounted bike rack comes in varieties. Some of them offer more features, and some of them offer more capacity. But worry not because we will answer everything in this blog.
We will not only suggest some of the most sturdy bike racks but also tell you why you should purchase them and why you should not. So let’s not make you wait and get started.
See Also: Clipless Pedals: Which Is The Best? SPD Vs SPD-SL (Review)
- 1 List 5 Best Hitch Bike Racks For Vehicle
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
List 5 Best Hitch Bike Racks For Vehicle
Here are some hitch bike racks suggestions you should look for –
Thule T2 Pro XTR
Hitch bike racks are a very competitive industry. But somehow, Thule has always found ways to sustain itself. This new model Thule T2 Pro XTR, comes with many features.
Some of its stellar features are that it’s well built in and is super manageable. It weighs 52 lbs. It can carry up to two bikes. If we use an additional tool, it can carry four. The cost of this best hitch bike rack is $800.
- The model has wheels, making it mobile and quicker to carry from one area to another.
- It has an amazingly accommodative mechanism that helps to hold any sort of bike into it. From children’s bicycles to adult electric bikes.
- Great weight holding capacity. It can carry up to 60lbs of weight per bike.
- Premium Structure.
- Costly in comparison to other models in the market.
- The good quality structure and amazing features also add to the weight of the hitch bike rack.
This model is undoubtedly amazing and is one of the best hitch bike racks only if you are willing to pay the price.
Buy: Thule T2 Pro XTR
Hollywood Racks Trail Rider 2
One of the key selling features of Hollywood Racks Trail Rider 2 is that it is very economical. It can mount two bikes. The cost of this hitch rack is only $306.
Yet it has features like an alloy steel frame, locking hooks, and folding features. It can also tilt down.
- Highly economic
- Strong framework
- It can tilt down to make sure you can access your trunk
- It also comes with adjustable wheel holders. This is very resourceful in carrying all types and sizes of bikes.
- It also comprises Velcro wheel straps to ensure that wheels don’t spin while driving.
- Can only carry up to two bikes
- The maximum capacity per bike is very low. Only 40lbs.
- It does not come with a tuning adapter.
There is more doubt that it is the best option when you require only two bike mounting. However, each bike can only carry a limited amount of weight. Consequently, it can be a problem and one tomato might need to make some additional arrangements. Nevertheless, we believe it’s a steal deal just because of its base prices and good features.
Buy: Hollywood Racks Trail Rider 2
See Also: Trek Hybrid Buyer’s Guide: Bikes Review
Kuat Transfer v2 2
This model comes in two sizes (1.25N, 2N) and one colour (black). The price of the hitch bike rack is $499 and offers a range of features. But its 2N model steals the deal as it has many options like Flatlock cam and Modular add-on expansion, which will let you mount three bikes.
However, it’s not included with the original purchase. You have to pay extra for it. It weighs 44 pounds and can carry 2 bikes without extension. It also has wheels.
- The model is made from steel.
- Can mount bikes with up to 50 wheelbases and also carry wheels from 18 to 20 inches.
- It comprises of 750hr automotive grade. It is salt spray hardware which adds to the rack a semi-integrated external bicycle cable lock to ensure your bikes are secure.
- Expandable tools are not provided
- An accessory strap is not provided.
- Bike compatibility only for Fat Tire Bikes.
With great pros comes great cons. However, it is a close competition to the Thule T2 Pro XTR. And actually very economical.
Buy: Kuat Transfer v2
Yakima HoldUp EVO 2
It is the best option for a mountain bike hitch rack. It has aluminum tubing, which is steady and lightweight.
Along with that, it also has a smooth expanding mechanism which is the stand-out feature. The price of this product is $649.
- It is easily foldable
- The rack has an additional bottle opener
- Quick expanding mechanism.
- Holds bike without any bouncing
- It comprises a SpeedKnob system. The system doesn’t require tools and locks firmly.
- Economical choice
- It can only be used for bikes with 20 to 29-inch wheels and tires up to 5 inches wide.
- There are no wheels in the rack.
- Comes only in one colour.
This is a decent pick for those looking to purchase a hitch bike rack with good expansion capabilities.
Buy: Yakima HoldUp EVO 2
Rocky Mounts Backstage Swing Away Platform
It is one of the best hanging hitch bike racks in the market with some great features like a Cantilever arm (which swings out 41 in) and many more.
It comes in black color, and the size is 2 IN. The price of this bike rack is $ 769.
- Its Cantilever arm makes it an apt pick for people who have packed vehicles.
- Allows full access to gears
- Hassle-free loading/unloading because of the 13-inch gap between bikes.
- It has a tilting feature up to 30 degrees which gives hatch access.
- Along with that, it also includes a locking hitch pin and cable lock, keyed alike.
- Lastly, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Can work with bike wheels of dimensions 20-29 in
- Less wheelbase range.
- It cannot accommodate more than 2 bikes without an add-on to carry more(like 2 different bikes).
- It can carry only 2 bikes.
No doubt that the features and pros that it has made it one best hitch bike racks with hanging ability. However, its use is limited if you usually don’t have a fully tied-up car.
Buy: Rocky Mounts Backstage Swing Away Platform
What is the easiest bike rack to load?
The easiest bike rack to load is the Kuat Sherpa 2.0. It has a tray-style hitch rack and is the best overall for transporting one or two bikes.
What is a good bike rack brand?
Thule is a good bike rack brand. It has diverse options for everyone in all price ranges. Some of them are - Thule T2 Pro XTR, Thule Helium, Thule Camber 2 and many more.
Are hitch bike racks worth it?
Hitch Racks are worth it if you use them frequently (in the case of campaigners, usual movers). And want a bike rack which can carry more bikes.
What bike racks are made in the USA?
Some of the made-in-USA Bike Rack Brands are - 1UP USA, Alta Racks, LOLO Racks, North Shore Racks, Pipeline Racks, QuikR Stuff, Saris, and SeaSucker.
We started by discussing the varieties of hitch bike racks and why one needs them. And went on to list out some of the best picks of 2023. Lastly, answer some frequently asked questions about the best hitch bike racks for vehicles. We hope you make the right choice and this article proves insightful.
See Also: Best Of Beach Cruisers For This Vacation [Updated 2023]
Enrico has been a motorcycle enthusiast for all his life. Having ridden all sorts of motorcycles, he particularly enjoys naked bikes and sportbikes. A marketing and communications specialist by profession, Enrico has worked with some of the Philippines’ biggest companies ranging from consumer goods to information technology.